Have you ever planned something, imagine how great it will be and then when you get to the day it isn't what you expected it to be at all? Well that is exactly how I thought tonight's visit to see Santa was going to go. To start we arrived too early and Santa wasn't even on site yet. So we had to walk around with a 6 month old who could care less about Christmas lights and decorations. Even we were ready to go home, deciding that waiting to put Peyton on Santa's lap just wasn't worth the effort. But I just couldn't let her first Christmas escape without a picture of our girl with the Jolly Old St. Nick.
I decided we would wait for just a few minutes and see if he showed up. A sweet young girl working the area assured us he would "be here soon". We were not convinced. However, just then he entered. An ecstatic little blond boy alereted the room by shouting "SANTA!", and running to hug him. It was adorable. The boy chatted with Santa for a few minutes and when he walked past us to leave he made the cutest little guesture with his arm and said "AWESOME!". I guess Santa told him exactly what he wanted to hear.
So here it was...the moment of truth. I was so afraid Peyton would scream and cry as soon as we handed her over to Mr. Claus. But the exact opposite happened. She laughed, smiled and stared. She was so happy. It was like she knew exactly who she was sitting with and how important this tradition was to me. It was perfect! Afterward she posed for pictures with us and hammed it up for the little old ladies who were eating her up. I couldn't have planned a more perfect way for our girl to spend her Saturday evening. Merry Christmas to you all. We hope Santa brings you everything you asked for.
Enjoy the pictures!
"Can you see me?"
"OOO eeee, it's chilly!"
"Me and Daddy, waiting for Santa."
"He's alomost here."
"What's the hold up?"
"Mom, Dad, it's Santa!"
"A pony...I asked for a pony."
"I like you."













Love the family photos! :) Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud that hers didn't cry when she saw Santa. She is so nice!!
ReplyDelete