Monday, October 24, 2011

I am thankful.....

When I started this post earlier today I couldn't think of anything funny or meaningful to write.  No cute captions or catchy titles were flowing from my fingertips.  So I walked away and left this post for a later time when I felt more inspired to write or share with you about these pictures.  And as I folded a pile of whites this evening it struck me what I should talk about.....being thankful.  Thankful for the the people in our life who make a difference and who love our family just the way we are.  So with that in mind I decided to spend from now until Thanksgiving to post randomly about those people.  The ones who love my little girl and her crazy parents without a hesitation or a second thought. 
 So to get this thing rolling, I couldn't think of a better person to start with than Aunt "Cole".  I know that the very few people who read my blog (all 25 followers) probably already know who Aunt Cole is but for the few who don't let me share.  Nicole is my best friend since Freshman year of high school. 
We spent every single day together for four years! We both went away to college and then ended up back here in Fort Myers to start our adult lives.  We both got married in 2007 and moved just minutes from each other.  Nicole was with me every step of the way through my pregnancy and the days just after Peyton was born. 
She has been one of the most important people in my life for the past 15 years and I know she will be there for many more to come.  On a lighter note let me tell you a little more about Aunt Cole.  Here are the top 5 things you should know about "Cole".
#1 She is a shopper!  She isn't a professional shopper, however, I have often thought she missed her calling in life when I heard that professional shoppers existed.  For example, she most definitely tried to rationalize that Peyton needed a $60 pair of Steve Madden boots for winter.  And while I am not saying that I was arguing with her at the time, that is a good example of the kind of trouble she gets me in.  For the record, we did not purchase the boots......yet!
#2 She has the funniest laugh/giggle ever!  Mike recently started working at the same place as Nicole.  They both work in a large office with cubes and he says he knows when she is there because he hears her giggle.  I have often been in a location with Nicole and even when I couldn't see her in the room I knew exactly where she was.
#3  She loves good food.  If I tell her I am going to make a new recipe that she thinks sounds good, she gets super excited!  She often giggles when her food is served at restaurant and it smells or look delicious.  And it isn't uncommon for her to explain in great detail a meal she had that was amazing. Oh and if it is a desert you better watch out because then she gets serious!!!
#4 She is thoughtful.  She goes out of her way to make people feel special and loved.  She remembers things that you have said you like or enjoy and tucks that information away for a later date, like birthdays or holidays.  She is generous and always willing to help others.  In fact, I am pretty positive that she contributed to half of all of Peyton's clothes for the first year of her life.
#5 She loves Peyton.  She has loved her since the day she was born.  She has been there for every major and minor event in her life.  She has been there for Mike and I when we have needed her most.  She is the best friend our family could ask for.
This picture is a good example of the relationship between these two girls.  Nicole kneeled down to be next to Pey for the picture so to be like "Cole" Peyton knelt down too.  She looks up to her already and I am okay with that.  Nicole is the kind of woman I want Peyton to emulate and strive to be.
So there it is, my first I am thankful post.  I encourage all of you who blog to start similar posts from now until Thanksgiving.  It feels good to let someone you love know that you appreciate them and are thankful that they share your life. 

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me cry! You are so very sweet & Nicole is the exact same way! We are so lucky to have her as a part of the family :) No surprise you girls would be besties!

    ReplyDelete