I stumbled across this wood sign the other day and immediately knew it was meant for Peyton. It belongs in her new "Big Girl" room, along with her new bed and horse sheets. But more importantly it is true! 

Peyton loves her horse Buddy more than anything! She talks about him to everyone she sees. Just this morning she had this exchange with our neighbor:
Dave: "Hey Peyton, How are you today?"
Peyton: "I'm fine. My horse is named Buddy."
Dave: "You have a horse named Buddy?"
Peyton: "Yes, I ride him with Heather. Bye."
The thing about Peyton and Buddy's relationship that makes it special is that the love goes both ways. The first time she rode Buddy, Heather rode with her and said as soon as Peyton was in the saddle Buddy's demeanor changed and he was calm and very careful. It was as if he knew he had his friend on his back.
Oh and she doesn't she ride Buddy. She helps feed, clean and groom him.
I picked her up from the barn earlier this week and she was a mess! She had shavings in her hair, she was sweaty from head to toe and she smelled like horse pee. As soon as I scooped her I up I proclaimed, "You need a bath". Her reply, "Mom, I was workin'".
Every time I look at photos of Peyton doing something she loves. I reminded how thankful I am that she gets to experience so much that the world has to offer at such a young age.
So whether she is hand feeding a giraffe or tending to Buddy, she is one lucky little gal!

Love the boots! She's going to be envied by many little girls when they hear she has her own horse! :)
ReplyDelete