Thursday, April 25, 2013

Seven Months

Before kids seven months seemed like an eternity.  Now seven months passes in the blink of the eye.  I feel like it was just yesterday when I held this sweet little boy for the first time. He was so tiny and helpless. I can even smell his newborn baby smell in my memory.  Now he rides in a big car seat and eats food and laughs the most amazing laugh you have ever heard.  He is growing up and I can't stop it or freeze time, no matter how much I wish I could.  

He is always happy!  He smiles every time we walk in the room. He rarely cries and even when he does it isn't for long.
He loves his sister!  He looks at her with true admiration.  He is the happiest when she is around.  He watches her play and he listens when she speaks.  Even at their young age they have a bond that none other can rival.  Peyton tells him she loves him and she reminds me daily that he is her best friend.  Their love makes me the happiest of all!

 He is silly and loving.  Just this week he learned to shake his head when I say "No, no, no".  All the while he laughing at me.  And when I pick him up and squeeze him tight he lays his head on my shoulder.
 I asked my dad before CJ was born how I would be able to love another child as much as I loved Peyton.  He laughed and said, "you just will", and he was right.  Parents have an infinite amount of love for their children, whether you have 1 or 10, your heart has plenty of space. 
 I am thankful for my two little souls who have filled our hearts to the brim with happiness and love.
Happy Seven Months Sweet Bones!  We love you more than you will ever know!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you feel like your heart just doubled? Literally?? He's precious....

    ReplyDelete