Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Let's kick some grass!

A few weeks ago Peyton started soccer.  I love soccer!  I played it myself for many years and have tons of amazing memories from the sport, so naturally I wanted  Pey to play too!  With that being said, Mike and I have established two rules for the kids when starting a sport..
Rule#1:  They must have fun while playing.  If every practice and game is a fight and the kids aren't happy we won't continue.  
Rule #2: They have to try their best.  We realize not everyone is a natural at certain sports...not everyone is David Beckham or Amber McCall (hope you read this Amber) but regardless of their ability they must put in the effort.
We figure if we can stick to those two simple rules then life on and off the field will be pretty great!  So without further adieu, here is Peyton Jones #10 our soccer star!
 Let me state at this time....she's pretty freaking awesome so far!


 When she plays she has an endless smile on her face which makes me so happy!


 The little girl on the left is Jordyn.  She and Peyton are a fierce duo on the front line.  We have lost count of the number of goals they have scored so far.


 Each week one or two kids get a medal for a sportsmanship trait decided by the league.  This particular week Peyton and Jordyn got medals for sharing and working together.
 On the right is their buddy Treyton...yep, Peyton with a "T".  He is adorable!
In case anyone was wondering, CJ attends the games and is a holy terror on the sidelines.  I can't wait to see what that kid can do on the soccer field someday!

1 comment:

  1. SO.CUTE.! Love these, Tiff...you can just tell she's having a blast! GO PEY! And keep blogging...it helps me feel like I know what's happening up there ;) XO

    ReplyDelete