Tuesday, March 2, 2010

English Pea Salad

Miss Peyton is teething/sick.  We aren't sure yet as we will be going to the doctor in about an hour.  So in the absence of photos of our sad little girl I am going to post a new recipe for you.  It's a super simple side dish that sounds not so appetizing at first but it is delicious!  It's a Paula Deen recipe.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

* 4 slices of bacon
*1 (10-ounce) package frozen pease, thawed and drained
* 1 cup shredded chaeddar cheese
*2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
*3 tablespoons mayonaise or miracle whip (I used mayo)
*1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp.  Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool.

In a medium serving bowl, combine the bacon, peas, cheese and eggs. Stir in the mayonaise, lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste.  Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

2 comments:

  1. Aww poor Peyton! I did not even know you could make comments until just now! ANy who thanks for the recipe because my Nana used to make this when I was a kid and I have not thought about this in years. I really want to eat this right now!!

    ReplyDelete