Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Week Ago

Alot of you may not know where I was one week ago tonight....
 I can tell you I was where I was suppose to be....
 And it wasn't with my husband or daughter....
 And it wasn't with Liam (pictured above and below)...

 It was with the newest addition to the Hassen Family....Kenley Lou Hassen
 Born July 11, 2011 at 1:01 pm.  She is perfect and we are all in love!
 Her Mom is Krystal, one of my best friends and I volunteered to pull night duty Tuesday night after Kenley's birth.  It was as you would expect...exhausting and wonderful.  I can't tell you how special it was to spend the second night of Kenley's life with just her and her momma.
 It is always nice to have your Mom or another mother figure there to help you when you need it most but I think there is something to be said to having a fellow mommy friend there (who just went through it 2 years before) to support you along the way. 
 So we laughed and slept.  We talked about these two littles that were at home sleeping safe and sound in Daddy's care and we spent time marveling at the new little life before us. 

 It was the perfect night!
 And I pray to God everyday that if we ever add another munchkin to this world, that I will have my friend Krystal there by my side. 
 Congratulations Hassen Family!  We couldn't be more happy for you!!!

Uncle Mike sure knows what he is doing with a baby girl.


Kenley Lou Hassen
8 pounds 3 ounces
21.5 inches
July 11, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment