Today was Papa's day.
Life with a toddler means you never know how the day will turn out. Will they be grouchy, clingy, happy or mad? I can tell you any day Peyton spends with Papa at the farm will result in a great day!
Today, on Papa's birthday, Peyton rode a horse for the first time. It took a little coaxing but being the brave little soul that she is, she got on the horse, first with me and then with Heather.
She was so happy and relaxed. At one point she looked like she was in a trance. Maybe it was the motion of the horse or just the sheer delight of the experience, either way she was happy.
All of us want her to grow up around the horses without fear and with a genuine love for the amazing animals they are.
Today proved once again that she has the spirit and love for animals deep in her heart. I could see the pride bursting from Papa.
I can't begin to put into words they way I would like what these pictures of the two of them mean to me. They take me back to a time when I was his little girl and I thought he was the strongest and bravest man that ever lived. And now I get to see through her eyes the same youthful admiration I had so many years ago.
Truth be told I still think of my Dad as the strongest and bravest man I know but now I get to see him differently, as a Grandpa. And Grandpa's are the best!
They let you boss them around and the never say no.
They are never too tired or too busy to do what you want.
And they never run out of hugs and kisses.
Grandpa's (Papa's) are who you want by your side when you need a friend and you need someone to love you unconditionally.
And thank goodness for Peyton she has the two very best!
When we left the farm today Papa hugged Peyton and said, "You were the best birthday gift ever!". I believed him because he never looks happier then when she is by his side.
Happy Birthday Papa/Dad! We love you more than you will ever know!
Mike, Tiffany & Peyton
No comments:
Post a Comment