Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snowed In

Well we it weren't really snowed in, but if it had been a few degress colder it would have been a possibility.  Yesterday was the most miserable day I have seen in Fort Myers in my 28 years.  It rained the entire day and at 4 o'clock in the afternoon the thermometer read 38 degrees. So we decided to make the most of the day and do things that people up north do in the winter.  We ate chili, played board games and cuddled up in warm, snuggly blankets.

Peyton even played with her cold weather friend, the penguin.

Me and and Penny the Penguin.

"Too cold outside Mom"

While Peyton napped Mike and I played Monopoly, a game I never win.

Except yesterday.  I kicked his tail!!!!  It took the majority of the afternoon but I WON!!!!  Check out my side of the table.

....and his side of the table.  :(

After that we switched to a game of his choice, chess.  A guaranteed win for him. Which was fine, I had wounded his pride enough with Monopoly.  All in all, it was a great day.  Lots of time to play with Peyton and relax as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment