Monday, January 31, 2011

The Zoo

Yesterday we made our first trip to the zoo.  Krystal, Les and Liam invited us for a quick trip to the Naples Zoo.  We assumed we would be there an hour and a half, maybe two hours at the most.  Not the case....we spent the entire afternoon and loved every minute. 
Peyton was fueling up before her first loop around the zoo.
That's a porcupine hidden in that tree stump.
Peyton opted to sit on the bench to watch here Daddy and Les feed the fish and birds.
That is a bird that kept eyeing Peyton.  I think he thought she looked like a good candidate to grab a snack from.
The above picture was my best attempt at capturing the monkeys in action.  Unlike super prepared Krystal, I forgot my other lens.  Regardless, they were hysterical to watch. 

The zoo was so fun for kids.  It seemed like around every turn there was a little play area or mini jungle for them to enjoy.
Peyton was trying to act like the primates, swinging on the jungle gym.


Here is Liam hitching a ride on his Daddy's shoulders.  He was such a good boy yesterday!

The best picture I could get of the giraffes.
So serious!
Her turn to hitch a ride on the Daddy express.



Our final excursion of the day was a boat ride to tour the primate islands.  It was really cool and we even got to watch one of the zoo keepers feel the monkeys.
She was keeping a close eye on the crazy monkeys.

Aren't they fascinating?

It was an amazing day with our friends! We can't wait to go back soon!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I've been dying to take Maddie! I was waiting for the weather to get nicer...looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete