Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Redneck Swimming Pool

Let me begin by saying that, yes, both Mike and I have some redneck in our DNA. However, we did not stage or encourage Peyton's following actions, she rednecked it all on her own.  And yes, I just made up the word "rednecked".
 So our Sunday started out like many other Sundays around here.  We missed/skipped church, so we decided to do a little  bit of yard work and a little bit of cleaning in the garage.  Mike sat the cooler outside to dry and I decided it would be fun for Peyton to play in the hose while I washed her outdoor toys.
 The next thing we know she had made a mini swimming pool out of our beach cooler.
 Hilarious, yes, but crazy as we have a real swimming pool in our back yard.

 She splashed and laughed and I took 1000 pictures because I thought it was hysterical. And I am glad I did, these are some of my favorite pictures to date. 

 We had such a fantastic day on Sunday.  It was just the three of us all day, playing, laughing and spending time together.  It didn't hurt that the weather was perfect either!

 She's showing Daddy a bird.
 Oh yeah....GO Gators!  The bucket reminded me.


 I am not lying, she sat in that cooler for over an hour.  That is some cheap, redneck entertainment!

 She just got her Daddy real good with the hose!

 Oh, he told her the lid would break if she leaned on it.  Look at his face.  :)
 NEMO....that just added to the fun.  Nana and Grumps got that for her a few weekends ago and she had to test it out in her mini fish tank.



Here is the moral of the story as I see it....you are only a kid once, so if you parents are cool enough to let you play in the cooler with the hose all day, GO FOR IT!  And at the end of the day if all you have left is a broken cooler and a happy kid, then you hit the jackpot.  Happy Redneck Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment