Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Great BIG Halloween Post

It really is no secret that I love Halloween.  My over the top nature regarding the holiday can get a little out of hand (just ask Mike) but I do it so Peyton will remember when she is grown up and on her own, how cool her parents were for all the Halloween traditions.
Her face when I told her we were carving pumpkins.
 The pumpkin or "punkin".
 She wasn't really into watching pumpkin carving so she played while Mike worked.
 I saw on a blog about drilling holes in the pumpkin to make patterns.  It seemed easy and really cool.  And it was, but I never took a picture.  Sorry! 
 Finally big enough to ride her tricycle.
 On Sunday I insisted we go to Lakes Park to ride the Halloween train.  I think Mike's reaction was, "Are you serious?"  Followed by, "You're joking?" when I told him he was riding the train too.
 The line was long and I was starting to second guess my idea.
 But being the good Dad that he is, Mike stayed in line while Peyton and I did some exploring and photo taking.

 Finally on the train!
 The ride was really cool.  They have the whole thing decorated.  Next year we are going to go at night when it is really spooky.
 Peyton loved this scene!  My girl loves her boots so she excitedly shouted for all on the train to hear, "Look, BOOTS!"


 Cracking up because Dad is next to her.
 Now for the remainder of Halloween night photos.  We had such an amazing time with all our friends.  Every year it keeps gettoing better.
 This year we added some scary treats, like vampire eyeballs and popcorn hands (courtesy of Krystal).

 Cutest scarecrow ever!


 Oh Bessie!  Seriously the funniest way to pass out candy ever!  These people who made the cow always have an elaborate setup but this year they outdid themselves.  They made a paper machet cow that dispensed candy out of its rear end.  The woman would tap Bessie on the behind and say "Come on Bessie, just a few more pieces." And then candy would shoot out. It was hysterical!
Here are the two littlest trick or treaters checking out their loot.  I am so sad that Halloween is over but it just means we are one step closer to my next favorite holiday....CHRISTMAS!!!  If you need me between now and then please feel free to stop by.  I am sure I will be watching Elf or baking or doing both at the same time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment