Here I am killing two birds with one stone a week late. Last Sunday we packed up Peyton, chairs, a stroller and tons of other items and headed to Fort Myers Taste of the Town. We went last year but it was just the three of us and not nearly as fun as this year. We met the Hassen's, the Whitaker's and lots of other friends to eat, drink and be merry! It was a fantastic day!
Now to part two of my post....another person I am thankful for. Aunt Krystal.
Krystal always says Peyton is her kid because she rather lick the frosting than eat the cake.
Krystal and Les have been part of our lives as long as Mike and I have been together. So that makes it seven years now. We met not long after Mike and I started dating when I was living in my apartment. I would come home from work and she would be sitting on her front step with her new puppy. I would bring Texas outside and the dogs would run and play and we would chat endlessly about everything and nothing, all at the same time.
Soon the boys met and that was it, we were friends for life.
Sadly, we lost touch for a year, as life gets in the way. But unexpectledly reconnected at the exact right time in both of our lives, at Target no less. Krystal had just had Liam a few months before and Peyton had just turned one. She was a stay at home Mom and so was I, so I guess you can say that is where the real journey began.
We swapped birth stories and mommy advice. We went to the park and had playdates. It was like fate had brought us back together when we needed each other most.
And along the way these two littles fell in love. Not a day goes by that Peyton doesn't ask about Liam...and Kenny....and Krystal....and sometimes Les.
Random shot of Aunt Nicole and Ms. Debbie dancing with Peyton.
Just when the picture of kids and families seemed complete, Krystal found out she was pregnant with Kenley. Sweet little Kenley who we met just hours after her birth.
While the Hassen's moved a bit further away and have added to their family, Krystal has managed to keep our friendship a priority. We visit each other often and meet as families to expose our kids to all the world has to offer.
I am thankful for her and all she has brought to our family and most importantly to Peyton's life. Peyton loves her and she loves Peyton and that makes me happy!
Whether we are crafting, chatting, cooking or pinning (if you don't know what pinning is ask someone) I am thankful to have Krystal as my friend.
Oh and we are thanful for crazy Uncle Les too...did you notice he was wacking Peyton in the head with a hammer? Don't worry, she deserved it. Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment