Last Friday my dear-eight-month-pregnant-miserable friend Krystal called me up to meet at the Shell Factory for an outing with Peyton and Liam. For those of you who aren't local, the Shell Factory has been around since before I was born, which we don't need to mention was a long time ago. I am pretty sure before Friday I hadn't been there since the 1980's. And let's just say that it hasn't changed much.
When you get to the animal park you have to check-in in a tiny little hut that barely fits two people. The picture above is Peyton exiting the hut, looking a little concerned. (I don't blame ya kid)
I don't think Pey knew what to make of the first set of animals. She was timid and a little fearful. Krystal said she needs to get out more and she's probably right. She's kind of a scaredy cat when it comes to weird animals.
As we continued we made it into the bird area...it was our favorite location because it was in the shade. By this point we were dying of heat and the pregnant gal was on the verge of a meltdown. Our little adeventure wasn't going how we pictured.
I liked this bird and I think he liked me.
After a 20 more minutes of looking at some threatening wildlife we made it into the petting zoo. We realized at this point that this is where we should have started our journey. There were goats, pigs and baby cows, oh and FANS! The kids seemed to be enjoying this much better and so were we.
I like the look of surprise on Peyton's face when she saw the little goats jump up onto their house.
Hey Grandpa, I think she is ready for her own goats now. :)
All in all it was a fun afternoon. You have to laugh at the lengths moms will go to, to entertain their kids. Also, I think I can speak for Krystal when I say, that it was a hilarious flashback to our childhood. Who knows, we may even go back someday......in the winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment