This past Friday my family lost my sweet Granny. As most of you know she suffered a stroke in October and was not able to recover. Two short days before that we were able to spend the day as a family. Granny, my mom, dad, sister, Peyton, CJ and I spent the day together....eating snacks, reminiscing about life and planning for the future. It was a perfect day and one I know none of us will ever forget. We are going to miss her dearly but I find comfort in the fact that she is with my grandfather and she is at peace. These are the last photos I took of her. She was loving on my children and that makes me happy.
God saw you getting
tired
A cure was not to
be,
So He put His arms
around you, and whispered, "Come To Me."
With tearful eyes
we watched you and saw you fade away.
Although we loved
you dearly, we could not make you stay.
Many times we will
think of you, many times we will cry,
If love alone could
save you, you never would have died.
A golden heart
stopped beating, your tender hands at rest,
God took you home
to prove to us He only takes the best
Elsie May Easton
May 06, 1924- December 07, 2012
I love Granny.
ReplyDeleteTiff...so sorry for your loss....what a beautiful tribute. Thinking of you all!
ReplyDelete