Like every other parent in our country, I have spent the past few days crying and mourning the deaths of the children and teachers in Newtown Connecticut. I can't imagine the pain and devastation those families are feeling and will feel for the rest of their lives.
This morning I found it hard to take Peyton to school. I wanted to keep her home, where she is safe with me. But the rational part of my brain told me that I can't keep her locked up forever. All of our children are going to have to face this crazy world we now live in. As parents our job is to make them feel as safe as possible and show them that the good in the world outweighs the bad. Even though last Friday I found that hard to believe myself. So I will continue to hug Peyton and CJ a little tighter and remind them that they are being watched and protected by a higher power.
God bless all the families of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Our hearts and prayers are with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment